Who we are:
At Umine we are building the first Human Capital Growth (HCG) platform. Our vision is to empower
people to make the most of their abilities and talents, obtaining the best version of themselves,
contributing to greater professional productivity. Our AI-powered platform generates a network of
interrelationships and connections between the different areas of human capital management
giving rise to a network of information that opens up multiple improvement plans.
About the role
In this role, you will closely collaborate with colleagues within the engineering team to
conceptualize, implement and evaluate algorithmic solutions applied to Human Capital Growth.
To this end, you will mentor other engineers and serve as the local expert in all aspects of
machine learning. You will be likewise responsible for leading exploratory research initiatives
and the transfer into a final product. This is an opportunity to work in a highly impactful, visible
role that will be transformative to Umine.com. The ideal candidate should be equally
comfortable writing code, choosing the appropriate statistical methods, and communicating with
a technical audience.
● CS degree or MS degree with specific studies in machine learning, data mining, or
● Solid software engineering skills for prototype development and the implementation of
experimental data science workflows.
● Deep skepticism of buzzword mumbo jumbo, plus the ability to identify and debunk false
assumptions and analytical flaws is a strong plus.
● Plus: experience with full-stack web technologies.
● Strong plus: Track record and experience in leading research projects in bayesian
inference, and/or recommender systems.
● Fluent in English.
● Regular virtual team and company events
● Growth and development opportunities
● Work from anywhere in the world
● Post-COVID you can work from our chilean office or work remotely
● WFH stipend (laptop, screen)
● Intrigued? Then send us your application with your CV, references, salary expectation
and possible starting date.